Sunday, September 7, 2008

Catherine's First Birthday

On the morning of her birthday 3 September we gave Catherine her rocking horse. She seemed to like it.


She also opened her present from Tony and Judy - Lego!

On Saturday 6 September we had a birthday party in the Kiddies Park in Station Road, a few blocks from our house.
Catherine had no idea what was going on, and was quite bemused by all the attention.

Catherine and her cousin Michelle


My first kiddies birthday cake! Fruit cake (no brandy of course!) with marzipan topping.

After tasting one cherry, Catherine wanted to grab them all.


Present time!
The bottle of Tullamore Dew next to Catherine was a First Year of Parenthood present from my brother Barrie. Tinie gave it to Catherine to open first, of course.

Catherine and Eve were quite happy to play with the first present opened, but the older children were clamouring for me to open the others.

Catherine loves climbing and she's really quite good at it. I'm just standing there for surety, but she's not fallen to date.


Tinie's braver than I, and lets Catherine slide down by herself...

Look at his face though, he clearly thought that was a bit of a close call!

Rather more sedate playing with me.

Catherine's Uncle Robert up to his usual tricks.

And a great time was had by all!

2 comments:

sockjoan said...

Wish I'd been there! Thanks for posting these, Evelyn. The pics with only one or two people are best; no matter how much I enlarge them I can't see who is who in the group photos. You had lovely weather, too. And the cake looks almost too good to eat.

Evelyn said...

We also wish you could have been there! I put in the group photos mostly to give an idea of location, I know they're not that clear, unfortunately. We were SO lucky with the weather, as it has generally been really foul! And the best part of the cake is the eating...but thanks for the compliment, Joan!